Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 28

Today. Oh lord, today... So I spent the night at my mom's house, of course not getting to bed until late in the night, early morning. I go to bed, and the baby has spiked a good fever. So I was up most of the night with him, trying to make him feel better. I'm glad he was in the room with me, so he knew I was there, it seemed to help when he would look up and I would be laying right there. 


We woke up early in the morning and did the whole Easter thing, the kids all loved their baskets, and Tiny Baby definitely enjoyed his, thanks to a very loving Easter Bunny at my moms house. Once we had finished with searching for the eggs and such, Daddy and I gave Tiny Baby some tylenol, and then Tiny Baby and I both took a good two hour nap. HOLY THANKFULNESS. I really needed that nap. 


When I woke up and realized Daddy had done all the Easter cooking by himself, I felt bad for falling asleep. But boy was that food delicious! I ate some throughout the day... haha. Then Daddy and I went to see the bishop, and talked with him. He seemed kind of scary, but was okay. David LOVED the ride in the truck, with the windows down and the warm air blowing all around him. He fell asleep almost as soon as we started doing over 40 mph. He was so cute! Last night and whenever he was asleep today, he would hum and talk in his sleep. 


We gave him some more tylenol later in the day when his fever went up again. I am taking him to the doctor hopefully tomorrow. 


After we got home, I waited and waited for Cody's Sunday phone call, and by 4:30 pm, I was panicking, thinking he wasn't going to call, because he only had about 2 and 1/2 hours until lights out, and then he wouldn't be able to call. But he did! At 5:09 we got our call from Cody, and he had extra time to talk today! I was so happy to hear his voice. Poor Tiny Baby was so sick and upset, he made sure his Daddy knew he was right there, listening to him talk to us. 


After the phone call, the kids were all going to try and move the couch. Well, it wouldn't fit down the stairwell, so they were going to put it back where it was. There was all kinds of stuff on the floor where the couch had been, so i had to scoot under the couch with the kids holding it up, and scoot it all out! They tried to smoosh me with the couch of course. Funny stuff. 


Then Tori came over and gave us a gift for the baby, squishy books made of fabric for him to play with! They had been hers and Cody's when they were younger, so they will always be special for Tiny Baby. After that, we got stuff together, and Tori and I came back to my house, and she is spending the night for tonight. 


And now, I am exhausted, and would like to go sleep, and dream of the day Cody gets to come home. So, I know you are asleep now, baby and I hope you dream of us too! Keep up the GREAT work you're doing baby!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment