Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 3

Today was a tiny step forward. Not for me, but for my Tiny Baby. He smiled, ate his food, took his naps and even slept through the night last night. I show him pictures of his Daddy every night before he goes to bed, and he pats the picture and smiles, like he knows exactly what it is. He's getting so big, so fast and it worries me... I wish his Daddy could see the things he is doing now. He pulls himself up in his crib, gives Mommy kisses and picks up his little puffs in his thumb and forefinger. He's getting too big WAY too quick for his Mommy to keep up. It's funny, when he is playing airplane (mommy whooshes him in the air), he will come back down to rest on my tummy and immediately tries to eat my shirt or gum my face and giggle. He sure does miss his Daddy. 


I on the other hand, haven't been able to move forward as easily as Tiny Baby. Don't get me wrong, I AM trying. I washed  the dishwasher and oven doors, and cleaned out a cupboard while the baby was napping, but other than that I haven't gotten far in the distracting myself, other than Facebook games. I am going to make a plan to try and get out of the house a little more, though. OH, I did get the livingroom picked up for the most part, and sanitized the baby's bouncer and walker. 


I bought a book yesterday, "Hunger Games" so I can try and get into it. I also bought it so my hubby could read it when he gets home, since he had wanted to before he left. We marked off another day on our new calendar using our green sharpie. Down to 119 days until Cody's birthday, since we don't know the day he will be coming home yet. 


I am still working on the laminated pictures for the Tiny Baby. I hope it helps him remember his Daddy and give him a better sense of him as well. I miss my husband so much. I don't know how to pull myself out of this gloom... If only he could talk to me more, I would be okay, but I haven't a clue if he will even be able to talk to me at all, other than letters. I hope he writes one soon, a long one, that I can read over and over until I get his next one. I still need his address... GR. Anyway, once he emails/writes/calls, I will let everyone know how he is doing. Until tomorrow, I love you all. And Cody, Tiny Baby and I love you and miss you immensely... Be safe... 

1 comment:

  1. Babies know more than we think they do. He knows exactly who his daddy is and what he looks like. Showing him the pictures at night is awesome and will help him keep his daddy in his dreams at night. Everything will be ok and the time will fly by before you know it. Its hard at first but its all worth it in the long run. I have many friends whose husbands are on deployment for 6 months plus sometimes. They still have a hard time when they leave for the first month. Hang in there and just remember to keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete