Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 16

Today has been the hardest day since Cody left, I think. I didn't have the energy or desire to wake up this morning, and could barely move when I did. Stress and depression have been kicking me in the side of the head all day. And what happened made it even worse.

Early this afternoon, our baby started choking on something while lying flat on his back in his playpen. We were at my mom's house. He had been just laying there quietly, sucking on his binky, and suddenly started choking and couldn't breathe. I immediately picked him up, checked his mouth and airway, and then flipped him over and started patting his back, telling my sister to call 911. I had to walk her through what to tell them because I was trying to get him breathing again. He couldn't seem to swallow or cough up whatever it was, so we think it may have been too much saliva from teething, but he finally threw up. The lady stayed on the phone with us, checking how many breaths he was taking, until the EMTs and the ambulance showed up.

The EMTs sent the ambulance off, after making sure Tiny Baby was okay, and continued to keep an eye on him for about ten minutes. By then, the baby was laughing and kicking his foot at the EMT's hand. I'm fairly certain my heart had stopped when the baby stopped breathing. It scared the hell out of my sister, too. After that, Tiny Baby was okay, grumpy but okay. 

I spent the rest of the day nearly in tears. I couldn't call or anything to tell Cody what had happened, so he won't know for about a week what happened. And it hurts so much to know that he is so far, and neither of us can do anything about it. I realized I can't do it all on my own. Without Cody, I'm a mess. We miss him so much, and everything seems to be going wrong. I don't know what to do anymore. 

Cody we love you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment